Zensite is looking for a talented and unparalleled Senior Product Designer to join our design team.
At Zensite, we are working towards being a product design powerhouse. To do this, we structure our team around versatile designers constantly developing and broadening their comprehensive skill sets and deepening their process knowledge. Our designers are skilled, confident, and multi-faceted, collaborating across all disciplines in the product and service development process.
As a successful Senior Product Designer at Zensite, you'll involve in work and working with other designers, developers, and project managers to define, build, and iterate solutions for our fantastic clients and partners. You will also ensure other product teams are up for success, operating in a more critical capacity in the background, challenging, supporting and guiding less experienced designers on projects. You will report to the Head of Design.
You will be able to provide vision and direction on projects, setting out an approach, generating initial insights through prototyping and delivering a completed product into the world.
- Collaborate daily with a multidisciplinary team of Software Engineers, Researchers, Strategists, and Project Managers
- Lead ideation sessions, workshops, demos, and presentations with clients on-site and online
- Establish design schedules, ensure final visual design concepts are on-brand, on-budget, and deliver on product strategy goals.
- You'll research, sketch, wireframe, build IA, motion design, and run usability tests.
- Prototype to communicate the "look" and "feel" of a project using Figma
- Collaborate with design peers to ensure designs are conceptually sound
- Ensure content strategy and design are aligned.
- You'll build cohesive and systematic design systems.
- Continuously iterate your designs to stay current with mobile or web trends.
- Give and receive design critiques to help constantly refine and push our work.
- Focused on pixel perfection. You sweat the details to ensure that you and the team consistently deliver remarkable products on time and within budget.
- Involved in refining and improving our design process to ensure we can deliver work efficiently.
- Mentor new product designers and interns on visual and interaction design, problem-solving, client communication, and team interaction
- Push for and create inclusive, accessible designs for all
- You've been designing digital products for 5+ years.
- A portfolio that exemplifies strong visual design and a focus on defining the user experience
- Proven experience working on things that exist in the real world, not only as design comps or prototypes.
- A strong visual design understanding includes typography, layout, colour, and advanced design principles.
- Solid understanding across some of our other core disciplines - Design Systems, Interaction, and Service Design.
- Driven by data and use research data to make design decision choices to solve real problems through first principle approach.
- You're a conceptual thinker that can translate customer needs, behaviours, and project requirements.
- Experience effectively presenting and communicating your design decisions to clients and team members.
- You're knowledgeable of what's possible on modern digital platforms in addition to an understanding of platform design standards (e.g. HIG, Material Design)
- You're empathetic to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise.
- A commitment to being a trusted mentor and thought leader
- You are comfortable working and collaborating with team members remotely and can hold yourself accountable.